Updated: Jun 6, 2020
THE MOST EXCITED I HAVE EVER BEEN ABOUT A RECIPE! I saw this lemon curd recipe from a friend on Instagram and I though a. It wouldn’t work or b. It would work but really not taste like the real thing.
I gave it a go and I didn’t even have all the ingredients so thought it would fail right away. It didn’t! It tastes exactly the same as normal lemon curd - It is so easy - it uses just 4 ingredients and is completely sugar free!
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 2/3 stevia vanilla drops (taste for sweetness) sweetener drops - the og recipe calls for sweetner powdered sugar if you have this you can use it - 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons low fat yogurt (I used green yogurt but quark would have been ideal)
1. grate the lemon and squeeze all the juice out
2. whisk in the two eggs
3. add sweetener drops
4. heat over boiling on a pan until thick and creamy
5. add in the yogurt and stir well before takin of the heat
6. put it in a jar or container and refrigerate
It is that simple- the whole jar is under 200 calories and now you can enjoy some fresh and homemade lemon curd!!
Please like and share this recipe - I’m sure a lot of lemon curd lovers out there will be excited how easily and healthily you can make it :)